As I sit here in isolation, feeling a bit groggy in the brain being covid positive, I've decided to check in with you and let you know what's coming.
Scroll down for information on each subject.
1. Family Covid update - Now 2. BS5 Art Trail - 25th, 26th September - Red Lion Pub BS5 3. Andrew Burns Colwill Re-Launch - 2nd October - Keep Art It 4. West Bristol Arts Trail - 16th, 17th October Holy Trinity Church Hotwells 5. Half Marathon - 7th November - Fundraising £500 Target all towards Jessie May Home Children's Hospice Care Charity https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/douglas-karson
1. Me, Ted and Natasha have tested positive and aside from some coldy symptoms, funny tastes (or lack of) and stir craziness, are fine overall.
2. My isolation period ends on Friday, 24th so I can take part in my local art trail, the BS5 Art Trail which I'm well pleased about. - I'll be at venue 11, the Red Lion Pub on Whitehall, enjoying a pint and hopefully some sunshine on Saturday and Sunday. Come on down for a chat why don'tcha? - I'm displaying mostly one-of-a-kind ink paintings in a variety of styles with focus on dancers, yoga figures and animals. Many of these works have never been seen before and are offered at very reasonable prices compared to my larger geometrical works. https://m.facebook.com/BS5ArtTrail/?ref=py_c
3. Both Andy and I tested positive although double vaccinated which means this is an incredibly infectious variant. The Keep Art It Launch is officially rescheduled for October 2nd in the Galleries Shopping Centre, BS1 3XD. It was a costly decision but I and the team at Keep Art It continue to take the pandemic threat seriously and will continue to do everything in our power to minimize the impact of this virus on lives. This delay could save a life and we encourage all other businesses and individuals to take similar decisions. We hope you can support this commitment by committing to coming along for the re-launch :) https://www.eventbrite.com/e/andrew-burns-colwill-exhibition-launch-tickets-169960198529
4. If you miss me at the BS5 art trail you can come to see my minimalist ink works in person at the Holy Trinity Church Hotwells as part of the West Bristol Art Trail. I've always loved this venue and will be there Saturday and Sunday. https://westbristolarts.com/
5. I've registered and begun training for the Reading Marathon on 7th of November with the goal to raise £500 for the Jessie May Charity. These amazing charity provides home hospice care to terminally ill children which provides life altering support for both the children and families. The nurses also stay on to support with bereavement for the parents. This is the first time I've run a race to raise money and the hardest time in my life I've found to carve time to train and focus but this is a cause I believe in and will fight to support. You'll hear more about this in the coming weeks but you are welcome to go on my just giving page now and pledge your support. 100% of proceeds go directly to the charity. https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/douglas-karson You can see more about the amazing work Jessie May is doing here. https://jessiemay.org.uk/
6. Keep Art It is in the early stages of planning our Holiday art exhibition in the Galleries and it looks to be a doozey! Will keep you posted with exact dates and more information on artists involved.
Please continue to stay healthy out there with masks and handwashing.